Claims for Reimbursement

If you receive care while abroad, you may have to pay for your care upfront. You are eligible for reimbursement of 100% of the cost, but have to file a claim for reimbursement.

To submit a Claim for Reimbursement to the international insurance provider, please follow the following steps:

  1. Obtain a receipt for all payments for medical care with a description of services and amount paid. This receipt must be translated to English before submission to Health Special Risk. For translation services contact international insurance via phone or email to request translation services.
  2. Make copies of all documents.
  3. Fully complete the appropriate claims form:
  4. Submit your "Study Abroad Claims Form" and all receipts/documents within 90 days of receiving care, via email, fax, or mail, to:
    • Email:
    • Fax: 1-972-512-5820
    • Health Special Risk, Inc.
      4100 Medical Parkway
      Carrollton, TX 75007.
  5. Include the case number provided at time of treatment, if applicable, in any correspondence regarding your claim.

Note: International students who have paid for care upfront or with their own money in their home country must use their permanent U.S. address when filing a Claim for Reimbursement or it will be denied due to policy exclusions.

For more information about submitting a Claim for Reimbursement, please visit the Arthur J. Gallagher website.